80,000 visitors, 3km of crowd barriers, and 1,000 children screaming louder than a jumbo jet - literally! Another fantastic year for The Big Bang UK Young Scientist & Engineers Fair!Read more
fresh Project/Account/Event Director – maternity cover
fresh are seeking an experienced project/account/event director, with great knowledge of managing events, liaising with clients, and leading a team.
fresh exists to create inspirational communications that ensure brands achieve their ambitions.
Over time we have built a team of fresh thinkers – frustrated by the ordinary and dedicated to the passionate delivery of our joined-up approach through energy, talent, honesty and bravery.
Being part of the fresh team is a fast-paced and varied existence – we are a multi-award winning full service creative events agency and our clients span a range of sectors including retail, banking and finance, public, hospitality and travel, automotive and healthcare.
We have an established project team that deliver a wide range of B2B and B2C projects both in the UK and overseas. They act as an umbrella across all our services and divisions (events, film, creative, content, exhibition, digital, experiential) and provide a lead point of contact for our clients ensuring that all projects are being delivered on brand, on budget and on time. Put simply, the fresh project team are crucial to our successful service delivery.
Your fresh fit
- Playing a strong leading role within the project team, reporting directly into the Leadership Team
- Acting as the direct line manager to Senior Project Managers and team leadership and line management support for the Project Managers, Senior Project Executives, and Project Executives
- Providing strategic and operational oversight across all deliverables
- Being the senior and strategic lead across in-house divisions, clients, suppliers, projects and teams
- Speaking as the voice of reason to ensure creative solutions match commercial objectives
- Working closely with the New Business Team to lead all pitches from the initial brief through to delivery
- Directly supporting the Leadership Team by adopting full responsibility for the team, projects and client portfolio.
Your day-to-day role
- Acting as the senior client, project and team leader
- Responsibility for a full portfolio of clients, including their growth, revenue and profitability
- Providing strategic and operational oversight to ensure service levels are met and client expectations exceeded
- Supporting clients as their brand ambassador – acting as their voice, communicating objectives and ensuring they are achieved
- Negotiating client and supplier contracts to include billing procedures and payment terms and ensuring these are adhered to at all times to maintain a positive project cash flow
- Having a detailed and strategic understanding of the fundamentals of your clients’ businesses and acting as a contributory voice in their events and marketing strategy
- Attending key client meetings and events
- Ensuring all projects are being delivered on brand, on budget and on time and providing innovative and creative solutions
- Proactively developing accounts to increase profitability and generating new business opportunities within the group
- Delivering quality control and troubleshooting
- Leading efficient working relationships and practices with all divisions within fresh
- Delivering strategic team recruitment, resource planning and management
- Overseeing all inductions, buddy planning, training and development, appraisals and one-to-ones
- Approving team holidays and expenses
- Overseeing team planners, reports, meetings and processes – challenging ways of working to ensure improvements and efficiencies where possible
- Keeping the Leadership Team informed of all client, project, team and financial updates
- Leading financial management and reporting, including attending regular meetings with the Financial Director
- Acting as a Brand ambassador for fresh
- Attending account development meetings and playing an active role
- Preparing content and information for Board Meetings
- Supporting with the management and roll-out of targeted fresh promotions to existing
- Working on ad-hoc business specific projects, as required
- Providing updates and/or presenting at LET Meetings and fresh Friday
- Strategic knowledge and research of all industry news, trends and emerging technologies.
Skills and experience to succeed
- IT and Mac proficiency including excellent Word, Excel, Keynote and email (Entourage)
- Extremely commercially focused with strong business acumen and excellent financial and budgetary management
- Leading by example and being a senior role model within the account team and agency
- Experienced and strategic team leader who obtains excellent commercial results whilst supporting and nurturing the team
- Proven track record of project and account management in relation to the fresh service offering on a B2B and B2C basis
- Exceptional organisational skills, work prioritisation, time management and attention to detail, and able to mentor others in this skillset
- Experienced in leading successful new business pitches
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills and able to train and guide others with this
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with all divisions within fresh
- Excellent knowledge of the event and marketing industry and able to educate others
- Resilient and able to work independently with minimal support and guidance even whilst under pressure
What you will learn at fresh
- Extensive knowledge of events, film, digital, design, technical and exhibition service delivery
- Efficient operational service delivery of an account team within a fully integrated and joined-up agency
- Complex team recruitment and resource planning
- Broad and large-scale B2B and B2C project delivery using in-house services
- Pitch leadership in a full-service agency
- Blue-chip account development
- P&L forecasting, management and reporting
- Production of board reports and information
- Senior attendance at appropriate industry events
- Presenting to the business at company meetings and events.
Direct applications only – no agencies, thank you
Think you are what we are looking for? We’d love to hear from you! Apply below or send your cover letter and CV to [email protected].